Arx Fatalis

Arx Fatalis

Arx Libertatis development builds now available
Great news, Am Shaegar(s)!

Some of you may have heard of Arx Libertatis, a free open-source project to enhance this game for modern systems. It's more or less essential for anyone looking to play this game.

You can now download recent dev snapshots of Arx Libertatis. This means you can take advantage of the past two years' improvements since version 1.1.2 came out, by downloading 1.2 in progress. Link: http://arx-libertatis.org/files/snapshots/

On Windows, just unzip the folder and make sure to put the necessary Arx data files in there or in the Save folder- it should then work out of the box.

Alternatively, you can copy the files into the Steam version folder, if you still want to play the game with the Steam Community features, etc.

This was a nice relief after I had trouble compiling it myself. I found the latest master builds to be 99% fine, but there are a few known regressions: https://bugs.arx-libertatis.org/arx/issues/find/saved_search/6/search/1

Apart from those issues there's no reason not to use these instead of 1.1.2 now! If you find any issues make sure to report them on the bug tracker above and/or on the IRC Channel [webchat.freenode.net].
Last edited by 😎 𝓣𝓪𝓯𝓯𝒆𝓻𝔀𝓸𝓬𝓴𝔂 😎; Jul 27, 2015 @ 4:59pm
< >
Showing 76-90 of 92 comments
ds Dec 5, 2015 @ 9:51am 
Sounds like something might be wrong with the key bindings. Can you post your cfg.ini file - it's in the same location as the save files.
vodkins Dec 5, 2015 @ 10:00am 
Yeah, here is it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Gc8c0m1MrKdldQS1FtbDMtNkE/view?usp=sharing
I will try to reset to default keys also and check this out.
Last edited by vodkins; Dec 5, 2015 @ 10:01am
vodkins Dec 5, 2015 @ 10:14am 
WOW! After i reset my keybindings to default - all is working now! Bars are now became open wide. I bound cursor mode from RMB to MMB... So this is critical moment i see... Why this even happens? I will try other keys for cursor mode, but i am wonder why such common thing such as rebind mouse buttons causes this trouble....
Last edited by vodkins; Dec 5, 2015 @ 10:15am
ds Dec 5, 2015 @ 11:20am 
Hi, thanks for your config.

Seems like the problem happens when a button is (only) assigned to the second slot of the Action binding. I've created a report for it here: http://arx.vg/795
vodkins Dec 6, 2015 @ 1:49am 
Yes, i have some actions bound only to the second slot. It just because i don't know how to clear bindings from slots. For example i want NumPad0 for "Use". At the same time this button assigned by default to "Map". Strange, why reassigned buttons remains on old places and thus way we have 2 different actions bound to one same button:steamfacepalm: Also we don't have an option to clear binding slot at all. So i bound all my actions on both primary and secondary slots to avoid this doubling. As for those metal bars - i think i found some sort of solution - do not touch LMB in bind menu at all! Only if you bound it in second slot too - system will broke... So we need some fix for that double clicks on second slot or just an option (key) to clear bindings from slots.
So my problem was solved. Thank you guys for you work and support! Going to play at last:steamhappy:
Last edited by vodkins; Dec 6, 2015 @ 1:53am
vodkins Dec 6, 2015 @ 4:12am 
I found some other bugs related to the binding system. You can't rebind first slot for Magic Mode at all. And second remapped slot is not working in game. Dead end... Also some actions which binded to the second slots only are don't working too: Lean left/right, Special action (that key for picking up objects by one click), Magic book (and some other book maybe) and maybe some other few actions (don't remember now). So i put my hands inside cfg.ini file and did manual rebind for all my actions (replaced all my keys from "_k1" to "_k0"). Now all works fine! Unfortunately i can't call rebind system working well. It slightly broken for people who want to do a total rebind.
Last edited by vodkins; Dec 6, 2015 @ 4:14am
@vodkins A key rebinding bug was fixed today. This should hopefully fix your issue whenever the next development snapshot comes out :)
vodkins Dec 22, 2015 @ 8:54am 
Thank you but i finished game already:) As i said before - i did all required job inside cfg.ini by my hands. Of course legal solution/fix for that issue is higly welcome and it will pleasure other players who wants mass rebind. Thank you again!
ColdWolf Jan 5, 2016 @ 8:50am 
@Tafferwocky & Team

Your work is quite frankly ASTOUNDING. I've played earlier versions of Libertatis before, but after discovering this thread I started up good ol' Arx again and every time I've played since you started development, it feels like a better game for all of the changes and improvements!

As a long-time Arx fan, I gotta say I reckon I'll still make another couple of playthroughs out of it as long as you're still making such a difference to the base experience. Thank you! :)
@Xanatos
Thanks! Glad you're liking the changes :)

We're hoping to make a new official release soon* by the way.

*Soon does not necessarily mean soon, but could be 'soon' or "soon". This is not a legally binding statement. Terms & conditions apply.
ColdWolf Jan 5, 2016 @ 9:59am 
Originally posted by Tafferwocky:
@Xanatos
Thanks! Glad you're liking the changes :)

We're hoping to make a new official release soon* by the way.

*Soon does not necessarily mean soon, but could be 'soon' or "soon". This is not a legally binding statement. Terms & conditions apply.

Hahaha nice! I'll be looking forward to starting over! :D
It'll be like the development version you're playing, just with some more bug fixes :)
ColdWolf Jan 5, 2016 @ 10:22am 
Originally posted by Tafferwocky:
It'll be like the development version you're playing, just with some more bug fixes :)
Awesome! I look forward to checking out the new change-log! :)
Lu2 Feb 9, 2016 @ 3:54am 
thx .this game deserve such a treatment because its one of the kind .still no succesor
WhispersOfWind Feb 9, 2016 @ 4:21am 
Originally posted by Lu2:
thx .this game deserve such a treatment because its one of the kind .still no succesor
I'd have to second that. Game is quite unique although I think of game: Dark Messiah (of M&M) to be similar, if not as good. Also, game called 'NecroVision' reminds me of these types of games, but in a 'modern' (as opposed to 'fantasy') -setting. Deep games (some quite literally so).
< >
Showing 76-90 of 92 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 6, 2015 @ 5:52pm